Gulzar Group of Institutes Ludhiana now collaborates with Virtual Labs, Govt. of India, IIT Delhi
A workshop on VIRTUAL LABS.
Objectives of the Virtual Labs
- To provide remote access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, postgraduate level as well as to research scholars.
- To enthuse students to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.
- To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self-evaluation.
- To share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to a limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.
- Virtual Labs will provide to the students the result of an experiment by one of the following methods (or possibly a combination)
– Modeling the physical phenomenon by a set of equations and carrying out simulations to yield the result of the particular experiment. This can, at-the-best, provide an approximate version of the ‘real-world’ experiment.
– Poviding measured data for virtual lab experiments corresponding to the data previously obtained by measurements on an actual system.
– Remotely triggering an experiment in an actual lab and providing the student with the result of the experiment through the computer interface. This would entail carrying out the actual lab experiment remotely.
- Virtual Labs will be made more effective and realistic by providing additional inputs to the students like accompanying audio and video streaming of an actual lab experiment and equipment.
For the ‘touch and feel’ part, the students can possibly visit an actual laboratory for a short duration.
Workshop on VIRTUAL LABS by IIT Delhi on 27 MARCH 2017.
Which will be delivered by the Virtual Labs Team, IITD. It is very informative for understanding the
The workshop is very informative for understanding the Virtual Labs initiative and benefits.
The Venue is: Seminar Hall BLOCK E
Sessions: Session 1 = CSE (All Students) 12:40 to 01:40 pm
Session 2 = BCA (All Students) 1: 40 to 2: 40 pm
The Venue of Parallel session: Block C, Room no: C210
Session 3 = ECE + EEE (All Students) 12:40 to 01:40 pm